Old 06-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Oh where do I start? I did not learn to cook at home. Perfectionist mother who had to do everything herself. So when I went to college I didn't know how to do much beyond open cans.I loved hard boiled eggs but I would forget to time them and they usually ran dry and exploded!

so I lived in the YWCA when I went to college and they only had a huge commercial kitchen for us to cook in. Then they built a brand new kitchen on our floor and we didn't have to go down 3 floors to the kitchen any more.
I decided to make hard boiled eggs. I set the pan on the stove in this homey new kitchen and went back to my room down a couple of hallways. I remembered the eggs an hour later. When I went down to the kitchen there was egg dripping off the ceiling and the upper cabinets and all over the kitchen!! and the smell was awful!!!
Unfortunately I never learn I have boiled things dry many time since then too! LOL
"
But I did learn to cook from my MIL and I raised my kids with pretty good food. Tho in my early years of marriage my BILs would bring Kentucky fried chicken with them in self defense! LOL