Old 06-27-2010, 11:27 AM
amandasgramma

At our house, we ALWAYS leave something in the fridge or the oven when we have guests over....it's our nature!!!

My funny - and I can't believe I'll tell you this. We ALWAYS have cornbread dressing for the holidays. One year, my family wasn't coming, but my husband's brother and his family, a woman I worked with and her folks were coming to dinner. I saw a recipe that was called "cornbread sausage stuffing". i thought - wow, that sounds good. Course, me being me, I didn't READ how to do it! I bought bulk sausage and added it to my cornbread dressing -- UNCOOKED! My SIL wanted the dressing in the turkey -- a first for me. When we were dishing up....I picked up the turkey, SIL standing next to me, the turkey tipped a little and a yellow, grainy YUCK came out of the turkey -- the dressing was saturated in fat!!!!!! My nephew was having trouble with diarreah at that time...SIL said "that looks familiar".....I about died, then we started laughing. Thankfully, we had a pan of dressing on the side, too. The guests brought pumpkin pies -- they weren't done in the center!!!! It was one of the unforgettable holidays!!!!