Old 06-27-2010, 02:04 PM
ekbuckeye

One of our LQS recently closed - she is going to begin selling online only soon. This turned out to be my favorite (local) shop in the last year. I went in several years ago and wasn't acknowledged at all, so I browsed for about 10 minutes and left. Last year, she had a sale I couldn't pass up and I was treated very warmly by the whole staff, even with the sale crowd, so I went back and left $$ every 3 - 4 weeks!

The other 2 shops are okay. I'm known by name in one, tho I don't go often, and the other I quit going to several years ago after being told I was cheap (the fabric I was specifically looking for happened to be on sale and I only needed 2 yards). The last shop is for sale - owner's DH has taken a job on the west coast - and I hope someone buys it, keeps it open, and learns what customer service is all about!

When I was in Ohio in Feb., I got to visit 2 shops that were wonderful! I can't remember the name of the one in Enon, but they were so helpful and friendly. And I wish I could express how wonderful the staff and selection at Fabric Shack in Waynesville was! I'm so jealous that I don't live closer and the very best scraps and remnants!