Thread: Lurker from TN
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 05:06 AM
PattyS

I have enjoyed reading all the inputs and admiring all the quilts. I decided it was the time to introduce myself after the recent post. Thanks for the push!! I have been sewing since I was young but only started quilting about 10 years ago. My hubby retired from USAF and we moved to East TN near the Smoky Mountains. I worked with local school system as an aide but taught computer classes until the principal decided to add more to my day. I didn't think with aging I could do this as at the age of 10 I became totally paralyzed. I had been sticken with a rare disease but after months of therapy I regained use of my right side and learned to walk again and life went on. I have always found a way to adapt to whatever I wanted to do. When I decided not to add more to my school day I was more less became Retired. I was very upset but in the end it was a blessing!! More money staying home and time to learn how to Quilt!! Now I am learning how to use my new Bernina 830 and my Avante 18 Handi-Quilter. I am so happy I found the Quilting Board!! Happy Quilting to All!!!
Other hobbies include riding our 105th Anniversary Harley and Camping. Hopefully, we be home for awhile to sew.