View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 08:44 AM
roserips

Originally Posted by quiltergirl80
I'm wondering if there is anyone working on a Sylvia's Bridal Quilt. I'm in love with the book, but the amount of blocks seem overwhelming. I'm also intrigued with the Dear Jane quilt, but purchasing the book and templates is out of my budget range. Any ideas for a quilter on a budget?
When on a budget set aside and start saving for a book. I recommend with Dear Jane to buy the CD and forget the book. You can then print out any of the blocks either with rotary cutting instructions, templates, or foundations. Also the blocks may be printed in any size you like. You get a lot of value for your money that way then save again for the templates that is a 5" square up ruler and the triangle for the outside border. The square up ruler is really great! Specially designed for the Dear Jane Blocks makes it very easy to square them up. When working on Dear Jane I have been using muslin for my background and then blues for my blocks, remember the blocks are small so an 8" square of fabric is more than enough to sew a block. I was asked to do tutorials on hand piecing these but do not have the computer skills and equipment to do so, how ever if you have specific questions feel free to PM me regarding them and I will be happy to respond.