View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 09:33 AM
lazyquilter

you better want it REALLY, REALLY bad. Granted, these are extremely good and useful furniture made strictly for quilting and sewing and/or serger. But on so many of them you need a lot of room for one. Especially if it's unit that has the pull out to the side and the cutting area in the back. It's needs just about a whole "normal" room. Yes, the do come sizes. I have a very nice one that has the drop down ledge to lower the sewing machine so that you can close it up and the door opens to the left and has these cutesy little sticks for your threads, etc. and a couple of long narrow cubbies for misc. objects. Unfortunately, while handling even a lap size quilt or wall hanging, you end up knocking the thread and bobbins off to roll over the floor. But I got this one on sale for about $200.00, actually a bit less... maybe $169.00 and it was about $400+. If I hadn't got that, I would have ended up getting another smaller banquet table that can be collapsed or left up. You can get them as small as 4' x 24". I purchased a 6' x 30" banquest table. Put bed risers under each leg to bring it up to the height of a cutting table and then store stuff under it. cutting table $200 for a cheap one that collpases into three places, $$89 for the table I got and about $15 for the risers. The table can be collapsed as opposed to folding into the panels. But who wants to constantly take it down and put it up. . Sorry.. running with the mouth lately and you would think I have been quilting for years. But I am still not any further then advanced begginer to almost beginer intermediate. But it works for me.