View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Philarena

I would love to go for for it but I have to finish a special quilt for my stepson who is being called back to the Middle East. The first time he served in Iraq and we were so blessed that he came back without a scratch. He's been over here as a Drill Sgt. in MO for three years (I think); and they just moved him and the whole family (wife, two daughters, one son) to LA (they never quite get you to your home state) with notice that he would be shipping out to Afghanistan in August. He's heard it could be as late as late September, but I don't want to take any chances. I want to have the quilt done and ready for him in early August - just in case they decide to go early. That's the first thing he's asked me to do for him and that's the least I can do for someone who's defending my liberty! He and his wife are so sweet and I just love my three new grandchildren. My husband and I have only been together for three years, so I gained two more sons and a daughter, three granddaughters, and one more grandson. It's been great fun and Ben is the absolute love of my life!
Sorry I got off the subject! I also have to finish my 174 Siggy blocks and get them mailed off by July 15th. I keep getting sick and having to put them away for a day or two. Could you perhaps give us another week on this challenge? This block looks mighty interesting!