View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 01:44 PM
cntrygal51

Hello Everyone,
My name is Kathi, I'm 51 yrs old and live in Gibsonburg, Ohio. I'm a mother of 4 grown and talented children 3 daughter's ages 34, 31, 27, and 1 son who is forever 24 (with his angel wings) and a new grandson ( my first grandbaby ) who is just 3 weeks old. I grew up in the burbs of Chicago and moved here to Ohio 2 yrs ago. I've been sewing since I was 11 yrs old when my mother sent me to summer school to learn how to sew so I wouldn't get board. Besides my sewing and other crafts I'm a big animal lover. I presently have 2 birds at the moment a Quaker Parrot and a Cocktiel. I also love spending time with my daughters and now my grandson. I'm a seamstress by profession but I've taken time off to work on my health and loose weight ( so far I've lost 250 lbs in 18 months ). Since I have a lot of time on my hands I brought one of my 7 sewing machines with me so I can sew besides knitting and crocheting. A friend of mine introduced me to the world of quilting in 1988 and I've been hooked ever since ( good thing I love to sew ). I've done both hand and machine quilting and enjoy both, but I must profess that I do preferr to machine quilt over hand quiltine since it goes much faster. Thank you for accepting me into your group. I hope to learn and share with all of you in the future.