View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 02:01 PM
candi

I wanted to make a throw quilt for my living room and decided to do a star (mainly) sampler. This is the largest quilt I made so far, measures about 50 by 70. I chose the fabrics and decided to fussy cut around a blossom medallion in the fabric for the center squares in the stars,and chose the blocks I am going to use for the quilt based on that. I also did fussy cuts around the smaller medallions in the fabric for cornerstones. I LOVED piecing this top, it felt like all mine, I had no pattern or sizes other than the block patterns from multiple sources, I did all the calculation for the fabrics and the cutting and I realized that I enjoy that a lot. I also liked doing a sampler quilt without repeating the same block over and over. I was going to send it out to be quilted, but then decided that I want to do it myself so it'll truly be all mine. Moving the bulk was a bit challenging for a beginner, but I did some SID and straight lines . I am very happy with how it tuned out and had Gail-r make a beautiful label for it. I also made coordinating cushions and will use leftover fabrics to make a table topper for my coffee table and coasters. Now I can't wait to get home and throw the quilt on my couch :P

My favorite block!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]85599[/ATTACH]

The back with Gail's label
[ATTACH=CONFIG]85600[/ATTACH]

Matching cushions
[ATTACH=CONFIG]85686[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-85593.jpe   attachment-85594.jpe   attachment-85595.jpe   attachment-85681.jpe