View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Vanuatu Jill

I haven't been to any Walmart to check fabrics lately, although there are probably 20 within a 30 mile radius of where I live. I have a hugh stash, so only buy the larger cuts for backing and borders for the most part. I have usually just used Joann's with a coupon. However, today I ordered for the first time some fabric from http://www.bearpawquilting.com/special.html. They are having a hugh sale of quality quilting fabrics for 3.99-4.99/yd (about 30 pages worth!) and if you order before Tuesday 12:00 noon, and buy 2 or more yards of the same fabric, they take an additional $1.00 per yard off! I need more fabric like a hole in the head, but couldn't pass it up-I spent about 3 hours pondering it and ended up buying a total of 50 yards!! They charged approx $20.00 for the shipping, but I figure just that extra $1.00 per yd off saved me another $50.00 so I still came out ahead. If you decide to check it out, make sure you pick the fabrics that have a ref # starting with "qqf" to get the extra discount. I now have the fabric and backing for another king-sz and a topper. (maybe in my next life I might get them done!) I hope I don't regret it-I worry about the colors being accurate, and I REALLY love to feel the fabrics!