Thread: Sewing a Finger
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 08:24 PM
lazyquilter

I'm really sorry about your finger, BUT.. is the machine okay, !!! See, we quilters always know where our prorities are. LOL... I am sorry about the bo-bo.... but you really don't need to bleed into your machine instead of oiling it.

This takes me back some years before my son wass even close to going away. He's a paramedic by trade and career ffor the local fire dept. and his wife is an e.r. nurse. I was trimming up some spare ribs with a new set of knives and I missed somehow and the blodd just started. Blood every where and I called my son and Les is telling him, you better get over your mother cannot stop the bleeding. So Mr wonderful and my wonderful daughter in law came right over and I hsd towel wrapped around my hand forpressure,
and he looks a me and says, come on now mom, it's not like you cut your finger, let me see it. So he and Ronda were trying to slow the the bleeding down snd it just had a mind of it's. Finally he looks down asnd he goes white snd he's almost screaming asnd telling me, Mom you cut the flipping top of your finger off and there';s not way the stitch it back. My kitchen looked like a butch shop. Well, we did manage to slow the bleeding down and it finslly stopped. So Ronda was trying to clean me up up and Les was doing kitchen duty to try to clean up everything snd anything that the would have to lhave rolled in and that kind of silliness.
a few minutes later Les ran into the small bathroom and grab Matt telling him he found my finger. It was mixed in with the spare ribs, Obviously the spare ribs were not cooked, but neither Matthrew. Les, Ronda nor I felt like cooking any more fter that. LOL..