View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 10:57 PM
AnneT

Thank you for all of your kind comments. Makes me feel good not to be the only one who is addicted. Just didn't expect it to go this fast, b/c I'm such a newbie to sewing.

In case you are interested in the charity I'm planning to sew something for: I got to know a young woman. She had a baby, which was diagnosed with leucemia shortly after birth. The parents were devastated, but nonetheless they started fighting the battle. The baby got a cell transplant, which went out fine, just to pass away at the age of ten month b/c of an hospital infection, which she couldn't fight anymore. Her wonderful and more than brave parents, god bless them, shortly after this, founded a charity organisation to help other kids and families in need. To me, this is just above everything. Besides sharing their grief, I admire them and feel the need to support their chartity organisation. You can read more about it here: http://www.helenes-helfer.de/home. It's in German, but I'm sure you get it just by seing the picture of the precious little baby, who touched peoples life in the short period of time she was allowed to be on earth. I hope to be able to collect enough fabric for a nice quilt (or maybe two), batting and backing I'm gonna buy from the lady who donated the scraps. I'm planning on selling the quilt in an auction/raffle to raise some money for this charity.
Thanks for making it to the end and thank you for your kind thoughts, not only according to my upcoming addiction :).

Hugs from Germany,
Anne