View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 01:08 AM
blondeslave

I have always had basset hounds. My first was Alexandria Mae. When she left us we got a puppy and named her Xandy Too. She left us 8 years ago and we got another puppy who will be 8 years old July 13. I wanted to name her Xandy Mae As Well but Glenn put his foot down so we compromised with Xandy Bear since he used to call Xandy Too his baby bear. Confused yet? I started to volunteer for basset hound rescue and when Xandy Bear was 10 months old we fostered and adopted a 10 month old wild child of a basset we named Huggie Bear. A year later we adopted this big old goofy guy who became Moosie Bear who sadly at 12 left us in May. Three Bears no more. A year later we added a 7 month old little girl we named wee Gracie Allen aka Homeland Security who keeps us safe from groundhogs and finally a year later we added my baby boy Clyde Kadiddlehopper who actually adopted me-imprinted on me like a baby duck when we fostered him and another little female pup, our first fostering success. My baby boy will be 4 this summer and I've nicknamed him Recliner because he's a VERY lazy boy.