Old 06-29-2010, 08:59 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by Darcene
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by Nancy O.
Hi Billy....I have a question for you regarding my 1940 Singer 201-2 bobbin case. I have been cleaning my machine and finally took the bobbin case apart. I watched very carefully to get everything back the same way. But I can't get the the ring over the bobbin case to lay flat. When I turn the wheel by hand toward me, it is hitting something under the feed dogs. I have checked my instruction book over and over and tried different things and it still hangs up. I even had DH try and help. No luck. I appreciate your help. This thread is amazing. Thanks, Nancy O.
I have just gone through this with mine, and though most of the Singer bobbin cases are a piece of cake to reassemble, this one is a PITA. Here's the link that helped me; hope it helps you, too!!

(http://www.tfsr.org/pub/technical_in...obbin_area.pdf)

Scroll down to page 6, and good luck!!
I just went to this site out of curiosity.....WOW....the work this organization does is wonderful...does anyone know if there is a US counterpart....think of the machines we could rescue and put back to work in a way that could change someones life for the better.....a new life for the people and the machines.....

Also a lot of great, free information about our older machines.....

Thanks for posting this site....

Darcene
Yes this site has a wealth of knowledge and is very helpful when you need information about how to fix or refurbish something. It is definitely something you need to have bookmarked for future reference!!

Thanks so much Miz Johnny!!

Billy