Old 06-29-2010, 11:18 AM
ShowMama

When my youngest daughter graduated college, she moved back home briefly. Then she got a job at a university a 3-hour drive from home. When moving her there, we used our cattle trailer to haul her stuff. We loaded most of the stuff one evening, then finished the next morning and started out. About half-way there, we stopped and ate lunch, leaving the vehicles at the far end of the parking lot. Then, went on our way and arrived at her apartment. We had unloaded a little over half of the stuff when the older daughter's boyfriend, who was helping us, hollered from inside the trailer, "Hey, there's something alive in here!" We thought he was kidding, but realized he wasn't when we saw his face. So, we carefully looked into all the cracks and crevices between boxes and found.......our cat, Squarehead! He was wedged up under the dining table, on top of some boxes, with eyes as big as saucers, yowing his head off. We guessed he had been snooping in the trailer and gotten shut in. I had everyone clear out and crawled up in there and practically dragged him from under the table. We put him in my daughter's cat carrier and took him inside. He was terrified, but fine. We couldn't believe he stayed in there while we finished loading, then rode all that way, stayed there while we had lunch, and still didn't try to run when we were unloading. I think he was just too scared to run! He rode home with us the next day and was perfectly fine for his ordeal. We don't have Squarehead any more, but we do still like to remember and talk about his big adventure.