Old 06-30-2010, 02:45 AM
Edie

I love fat quarters. I found one at JoAnn's the time before last I was there and bought two, gave one to my sister and kept one for myself. It looks like a Millefiori paperweight. When I was at JoAnn's the other day, all gone - didn't have any on bolts and here I am stuck with one of the most beautiful pieces of fabric I have ever seen and can't use it, because there is no more in this whole world like it! So I just sit here and stare at it. I, however, did pick up six fat quarters of tonal fabric, which they did not have on a bolt that I have had before in a fat quarter, and am saving that for special blocks that need sort of a melding of colors in the center of the block. It works beautiful on "Tippecanoe and Tyler Too". If just anyone read the last three sentences they would think I was out to lunch. Thank God you all know exactly what I am talking about. I also bought about six yards of fabric while I was at JoAnn's this past week. I think I am at the point now where I can buy one/two yards at a time and feel comfortable enough to buy that amount without ruining it all! I've only been quilting since 1997, so I have been doing all my quilts with fat quarters. I am going to start my very first quilt with three colors and four yards for each color. Better safe than sorry~ Edie