View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 03:07 PM
auntshamaine

Thanks so much for the praise!! The best thing is that knowing all of you know how important it is to hear that we did well. ( and I'm not a needy person).

Especially at the beginning when we are learning. I felt good about this though. The first one I could see all the flaws and this one felt better to me.

So far as "designing" it, I have only done the two. The sampler was by internet instruction and this one was made up. I have a feeling that I may have a hard time following a pattern though, so I might be the type to "design".

I did label it. It felt kind of silly, like, "who cares that I did this". But I thought of all those quilts at the antique store and how I WISH I knew more and I did it anyway in respect for future quilters!!

I did not get pix of her opening it...I'm sorry, I didn't think of it. She did cry.....and she didn't even read the card yet!! My hubby wanted to be there to see her open it also so he came to work to take me to lunch and I gave it to her then. She was AMAZED and was so emotional because she said no one had ever done anything like that for her. She is an awesome woman and I appreciate her friendship. I call her my "work mom"......
Tracy