Old 06-30-2010, 05:08 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by lallyann
I'm sorry to hear what you and John are going through. I will be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers!

I know this is a stupid question, but do you rotary cut the triangles? or do you trace them and then cut them out? My daughters and I are learning to quilt, and so far we've only done projects with strips or square shapes--ones that are somewhat easy to rotary cut. I have learned to buy extra when possible, because it never fails, I always manage to cut something wrong!! LOL!

BTW, I am pretty new to this board but I love it. I enjoy learning from others, and seeing their beautiful creativity!
Thanks for your well wishes, it means such a lot to us both

Very simply, you use six pieces of identical fabric, using a panel means you have no hassle of finding the repeat pattern on the fabric. Next, you cut strips 3 & 3/4" across the width of the whole six layers together, then sub cut at 60 deg angle using the template, each stack of triangles forms each hexagon, every one different!!

Do a google search to see just what you can achieve with the right fabric!!

I joined this board as a novice too and have gained lots of lovely friends and learned so much from everyone too, but life gets in the way sometimes

:-D :(