Old 06-30-2010, 05:40 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by lallyann
Light bulb moment for me!! I don't know what I was thinking....you stack six panels together!! LOL! Thanks so much for the clarification!! I am definitely going to put this on my to-do list. I have to compete with my girlies for sewing time, and since they are 9 and 13 years old, I like to help them with the cutting and stuff like that. Everyday I plan to work on my quilts after they go to bed but by that time, I am too pooped to look at a sewing machine!! I do love that my girls enjoy sewing, so I don't really mind. Quilting has become our summertime activity this year. The temperatures here have been extremely hot, although it looks like we are in for a bit of a cool-down for the rest of this week--YEA! So we may get some outdoor time :) Thanks for taking time to explain that to me! I really appreciate it!
It's my pleasure to help!! I understand all about trying to quilt in high temperatures, as we have not long returned to live in the U.K., after spending nearly 4 years in Southern Spain, which is where I learnt about patchwork and quilting...here's a link to our group website:-

http://www.vinuelasewandsews.eu/

How sweet that both your daughter's having taken up quilting. I only have son's but my youngest son's girlfriend has caught the bug too, it is so lovely to have someone to share your passion with, Jess is in the process of making her first bargello and has become addicted to fabric too!!!

Good luck !!

:roll: :lol: :D