View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 09:13 AM
quiltilicious

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
I don't want to have to pay a fortune for the books, but if I need to I will... But I'm going to save money were I can...

The most expensive things I need to buy are:

Laptop
Mini Fridge
Text Books
Microsoft Office home and student

We were told that the computer labs are hard to get into, cause they are constantly packed, so we are better off just going with our own computer...

PLUS! The school gives us the option of ordering our sheets and other bedding through them... and the price for their largest package is pretty good, considering that if you purchased the stuff on that list at a store, you'd spend much much more... I did a study after I got the mailing! But I have till august 10th to order... so I hope I get the money for that... I'm working on it!
check the quality of the sheets and stuff - you can also look at thrift stores (we have one "Unique" - I think they're a chain) that sells bedding and housewears for pocket change. Occasionally they have some nice hand-made quilts for under 10 bucks. My friend is shopping for her son's first apartment there - silverware for 10 cents an item, dishes for 25 cents each, etc.

There is also a used college bookstore online that has good prices (I forget the name right now, sorry).