View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 08:58 AM
Carla P

Originally Posted by Rebecca Chambley
That was such a blessing to recieve this info, I thought about it, and since my D-I-L and son got married while he was on leave, 11 yrs ago, she did'nt get the wedding she wanted and we had talked about for years. So I'm going to make her one and of course my G-daughter. My D-I-L had talked to me when she was a jr in HS, about making her wedding dress, and we had even looked at several patterns, But as love will have it, they did'nt wait because she wanted to be with my son where ever he was going to be, So this will be her Christmas gift, and I know she'll cry. My G-daughter is only 9, so I'm sure I'll have lots of time to get hers done, but what a gift to make for her. Thanks so much.
I think this is such a sweet thing for you to do. Maybe your Son would be willing to get involved and set up a surprise mock ceremony so she could wear it for a little while. Either way, I think it is great that you care for her so much.

Originally Posted by susan s.
Three brothers and one sister on our side. Hers: I know about 1 brother for sure and I'm positive that none of them will be making any quilt blocks in this life time . Some of the Nieces could maybe be persuaded if I had more time, So My best hope is to catch everyone who comes to the party and have them sign on the finished product. Boy would I like to be able to turn it into a family project. But since this one doesn't include any nails, lumber, bolts, screws, grease or any type of car part.... (the image of uncle Tom with an embroidery hoop....priceless!).
I have some of these same Uncles... They'd turn it over a time or 2, scratch theor heads, then ask where does the straight key go & have you changed the oil in it lately??? :roll: :lol: