View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 09:39 AM
Carla P

Well, I have not only damaged my own children for life, but half of the neighborhood as well... all in one day!!! We played this past Saturday for a couple of hours... Let's see... 10 kids, 2 hours... :shock: I need to go take out a loan right now so I will be able to pay out all of the lawsuits & therapist bills I'll be hit with in a couple of years!!

Unfortunately, you are right. We (my DH & I) have tried our best not to raise our girls to feel Entitled. Instead, they are expected to Earn many of the things & privileges they have. They are old enough now to see the benefit of our teachings, especially when dealing with some of their friends. But, if they whine and get mad at a decision that is not in their favor, I just tell them to add it to their list of topics to discuss with their therapist when they're grown. At that point they will usually laugh & see how silly they are being. No offense to anyone, but the Parents are letting the TV raise their children way too often instead of being with them.

Last Saturday we played Baseball... Those kids will never have a chance!!! :roll: :lol: