View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Carla P

Originally Posted by GramMER
I can see using wedding dresses or satin fabric from thrift stores, but my own dress is far too special and expensive to cut into something else. My daughters have a dress I made for them and they also are saving that for their daughters. The hand embroidery and the time involved means so much to all of us.

Now, about the quilts... Will the quilt be all white? Will it perhaps be white and cream or other colors mixed (using several dresses)? I can visualize a "fancy fabric" with lots of additions. Maybe it could be a type of crazy patch and use many types of lace and embroidery or perhaps it could be a geometric pattern. If there has been a photo or a sample shown on a link, I have not seen it yet. :?

As ever,

GramMER
Go back to Tricia's post on page 1 of this thread... The pictures are gorgeous!!! (You brought up some good ideas as well!)

As far as my own, I'm not sure yet. I definitely want to be sure I do it justice by showcasing all of the lace, embroidery, beading, etc. My gown has both white and cream colored lace & satin in it... kind of Victorian, hence such a long train. The 2nd link Tricia posted is very much what I had in mind.