Old 07-01-2010, 04:20 AM
1quilt_gma

Originally Posted by Lori L
Thank you everyone for your kind words. The name of the quilt is a AMish Wedding Ring. I found the pattern in a book "Encyclopedia of Classic Quilt Patterns." It was a quilt designed by a woman named Linda Carlson. We've already named this quilt "1st Comes Love". My daughter keeps asking "how long is this going to take, will it be done by my birthday Thursday?" And I was busy complaining about how long all the little triangle units were taking me to piece together and if she had chosen something else, maybe her quilt would be finished sooner. LOL. That's when she informed me the quilt would be cherished forever and my "grandchildren would be conceived under this quilt". :) So we had a little chat about 1st comes love, then comes marriage and so on, haha. Actually I'm having a ball putting this together with her watching every step of the way. I don't think the quilting bug has hit but we've had some pretty special moments together recently. I'll keep posting pictures as "1st Comes Love" comes together!
Love the story behind the title! And the colors are so vibrant!