Old 07-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Lori L

Originally Posted by judi_lynne
Lori, I basically did just stitch in the ditch and outline quilting because with a twin size I was able to do that with the machine and it was easier and quicker. It probably could have used a bit more quilting, but I ran out of time!

I love the quilting as it is in the book, but didn't want to ruin the effect of my "poker chip" look. I think a combination of machine/hand quilting would work. Stitch in the ditch and outline with the machine and handquilt something in the center of the hexagons? I do love your colors, though! They are so pretty whatever placement you decide will be beautiful.

Oh yeah, no way was I telling him it was an Amish Wedding Ring....no telling what he might have done with it LOL

Judi
I love the quilting as it is in the book too but I don't think I can handle that myself. I think I will end up doing as you suggested and stitch in the ditch around the seams and hand quilt the blank centers of the hexagons with a bright thread. My daughter has suggested smiley faces or peace signs. ....Sigh....