Old 07-01-2010, 02:52 PM
patricej
Administrator

when our department downsized and the next nearest disappeared, i thought i was really going to miss the full-size walmart fab department. i guess i sorta do, but mostly because the ladies in the department are so nice.

i have gotten so good at hunting down sales online that i pay less now than i would if i still got all my fabs from wally - especially now that the VIP line is just under $5 per yard.

over the weekend i stumbled into a half-price-off-everything sale. that included the fabs already on sale. i got $9.99 per yard fabs for less than $3 per yard including shipping. i watch thousand-of-bolts like a hawk. their prices average just a bit more than half that in the shops. i bought a pile last week on sale for less than $4 per yard including shipping. they'd have been $9 or $10 in a shop.

you will never hear me criticize wally fabs. i'm tickled pink for those of us who still have that local option. i just want to encourage those who've lost it to brave the online "jungle". there is hope and there are bargains to be found out there.

the days of decent fabs for $2 per yard are long gone. i'll miss that no matter where i do most of my shopping.