View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 02:58 PM
magnolia

Now that summer school is winding down I decided to start quilting again. I have a few projects I should be working on, but I wanted a sense of fulfillment; like I got a lot done. So I decided to try the jelly roll quilt method somebody posted a tutorial for. I bought the jelly roll at Joann's a couple weeks ago for half off. I only paid $12. I also found the roll had 50 strips in it. I was unsure of the colors but decided to go ahead with it, since I was just testing out the method. I also have a LOT of quilts to make for Christmas and none of them are even started yet. They may all be made from this method, just to get them made. After all, I have 19 units next semester at school, my last semester before the credential program, and will not have a lot of free time. I will also be interning at the Autism center on campus. So I decided to break the Jelly Roll into two sets and make two tops. So each will have 25 strips. I made the first one today and was amazed how fast it was. It only took me 2 hours and 15 minutes. I have not added borders yet. It finished at 34X62 inches. Each strip was about 42-44 inches. The colors are pink, brown, and turquoise. Also, for someone who has never worked with batiks I have to say it was a little tricky making sure I paired the right sides together.

Sorry, I keep posting almost all of the projects I make. I get excited :oops: If you get tired of looking at them just let me know. Thanks for looking.

Jelly Roll Quilt-Colors are better in person
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84268[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-84263.jpe