View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 04:53 AM
NikkiLu

Originally Posted by Lori L
That is one of the nicest use of pastel colors I have seen. The quilt is gorgeous, I see why she has it hanging in a place of honor for everyone to see/enjoy!

Thank you! Wierd thing is that I had made this same exact quilt for my oldest DD a few years ago - I embroidered the same exact blocks with the same exact variegated thread and set it together with this same plaid fabric, had it machine quilted - but not custom quilted though - a year after giving it to her we went to her house (in another state) and my youngest DD (the one that owns this new quilt and displays it proudly) found the quilt stuffed into the back of her four boys' toy closet. So, no more quilts for her. My youngest DD then told me that she thought that quilt was so pretty that she wished that I had given it to her. So, thankfully, I still had that plaid material left and found the same quilt blocks - so made it for her while she was gone away to college. She cried and cried when she saw it at the bridal shower! Happy Ending!