View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 06:02 AM
pbreon

Originally Posted by Crlyn
The top was all hand pieced, machine quilted, and the binding by hand. The flowers all came from materials I had sewn with for my children over the years, also dolls clothes that I had made for school fund raising projects.

I would never do another, but please don't let me put you off , I just think maybe I should have had another on the go at the same time.

I don't find it easy choosing patterns, and also find it hard with colours because I love bright, but not so good at putting them together.
I am working on one right now... however, it is a fill in job, for when I want a break from the sewing machine. I also carry the pieces with me when I travel ,or have Dr. appts... it might take awhile to finish but It is a great in-between project... Yes you have a keeper and need to label it and let it be known the fabrics are from the past projects... I found a quilt that has no info or background to it and it was found in my In-laws home when we had to clean up after their passing... I sure wish I had the history on it>>> the label is important for this very reason...