Old 06-27-2008, 08:09 AM
Catherine

Perhaps something is wrong with me..I LOVE to piece a quilt ...I love quilting..but what I really don't like is ..sewing a traditional quilt that you see over and over again.....oh no!!!!!.I hope I'm not booted from here...let me explain...They are beautiful....a work of art! I admire them...I am amazed at their beauty...and those that make them....but to make one myself ?....I am not in the bit interested.,..I subscribe to all kinds of quilting magazines...and find myself flipping through the traditional looking quilts... signing..."boring"......I even made myself start a Dresden plate quilt to make myself get involved with the beauty of traditional quilts....It is sitting and I really don't like doing it...at times I think...am I really a quilter? Maybe I am too basic...I am almost finished with a quilt for my GrandDaughter...will show you this is about 2 days if I'm not shunned from this neighborhood!! :wink: ....I just sarted adding squares and strips..a few sunbonnet sues and I like it....not a " Oh my Gosh", quilt. I never do make those. Sometimes I think I am not on the same page with the rest of you that show such beautiful talent in "traditional quilting"....I have a hard time joining in on those " block of month" clubs this board has on these tried and true quilt blocks of old! I do want to, but just can't make myself do them. I guess I'm feeling guility...am I a true quilter? Sometimes I feel I'm wasting my money on these magazines when 3/4 of the "projects" are traditional quilting! How do I get over this? Do I need to get over this?