Old 07-02-2010, 07:14 PM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

One year I made all the girls a cosmetic bags and eye patches you chill before using. I slipped in some cucumber moisterizer, lotion and lip balm for good measure. It made a cute gift.
Another year I made those heated neck rolls, those went over for both the guys and gals. By the way, they work on knees and sore arms as well. (saved my sis in law from surgery!)

I saw somewhere recently two bags made with the same type filling that are boot warmers for the guys boots in winter. You just put them in the microwave to heat them and stick them in your boots for a while before putting them on.

There is always nice food items. Most people appreciate something already made to enjoy the holidays with. I gave cookies, amish friendship bread and pumpkin bread one year. It was a big hit.

I think the main thing is to know the person well enough to give what they like. A gift certificate to a book store to a bookworm. A gift from a kitchen store for a cook. A music or movie buff would love a new release just on the market.

Or how about a copy of an old family photo that everyone has wanted to take off your walls and go home with?

If none of this appeals to you, you could go on a shopping trip to bed bath and beyond. There are tons of fun gifts there that aren't too much money and are cool!