Old 07-02-2010, 08:17 PM
trupeach1
Banned

I am sure someone out there will think this is funny so I hope you have a good laugh even though it will be at my expense.

I live in a sub division and 2 blocks away starts the propety of a farm. Every year since I have lived here someone shoots off beautiful fireworks on the farm property for the 4th of July. I could lay in the bed and have a ring side seat at the display. I was all ready for them tonight, just waiting for the sun to go down. The weather was beautiful and I turned off the AC and put a fan in the window. Within a few minutes the dogs in the yard next to mine were barking wildly, I didn't know why until.............I went into the bedroom and I was knocked over by you guessed it, the smell of skunk. The barking dogs must have frightened the skunk and it sprayed someplace in my yard. The fan was blowing into the house so the smell was completly through the bedroom. I turned the fan to blow out and shut the door. It has been hours now and the room still smells I can't sleep in it. Needless to say I missed the fireworks. However it is only Friday I am sure the will have them tomorrow and Sunday so I will get to see them then.