Old 07-03-2010, 07:08 AM
akrogirl

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
I'd be sending the kit back where you got it with a detailed explanation of what's wrong with it. Hopefully if it's a reputable quilt shop then they'll make it RIGHT. Surely they know the value of satisfied customers & word of mouth could really hurt them with as large as this board is.
Some of the shops are very good about this, but what frustrates me so much is the fact that some of us make the decision to buy the kit based on the fact that the colors shown are exactly what we want, and the substitutes would give a totally different feel to the quilt.

In one case, it was the designer herself who couldn't understand why the huge difference in colors was a problem for me. I know I am more sensitive to color variations than some people (lousy night-time black and white vision, but great color vision, lol), but I would have thought that a designer would be even more aware of the effects of such drastic changes.

Luckily, in this case, it is a small wall hanging so I only need to buy a FQ of the sky fabric.