View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 02:45 PM
juneeloonee

Originally Posted by mrsmayf2007
I went to JoAnns after someone posted they got their fat quarters for 3.50. However, I did not get the fat quarters but did get a pretty Jelly Roll for 9.99. I do not even know if this is a good deal or not, but did notice they are 19.99 at Walmart, so I got it. Do not know what I am going to do with it yet.
I came across a pattern recently that uses jelly rolls very quickly. (I just hope it wasn't here that I discovered it and am passing on old news!?) In any case all that you do is sew one strip to another different strip end to end, add a third different strip to the second strip at the end until you have one very long strip of all the jelly roll pieces stitched end to end. You're first strip of the long piece you now cut off 20" and add it to your stash. Then you fold the long strip in half lengthwise and sew up the long seam and at your foldover end you snip it through. Then you fold your halflength long strip in half and sew another side and snip the end (your original long strip is now a quarter of what it was originally). You continue doing this until you have a nice sized rectangle (size depends on the number of strips you have in the first place). A simple striped quilt that went together in nothing flat! I thought this was a really clever idea when I read it! Good luck!