View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 03:21 AM
Edie

Check out Nancy E. TUrner - "These is My Words" - 1998, "Sarah's Quilt - 2005, and "The Star Garden - 2007. It is a series of three books - Sarah Prine~

Fun books to either read or listen to are the books by Joanne Fluke - they take place in Minnesota. Fun mysteries and loaded with recipes!!!!!!!! Diane Mott Davidson is another good one.
Mary Higgins Clark. Ann B. Ross. These are excellent for listening to and sewing or driving or just laying out in the back yard, listening to a good book and watching the clouds go by. Any book that is narrated by George Guidall I listen to. His voice, accents, changes in character are unbelievable.

B ooks - The Shack, The Girls, Marley and Me, The Art of Racing in the Rain, Icy Sparks, March, On Agate Hill, On The Beach, The Memory Keeper's Daughter, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle.

Authors - Carol Higgins Clark, Diane Mott Davidson, Richard PAul Evans,Earlene Fowler, Jan Karon, Wally Lamb (nasty language, but good stories), Beverly Lewis, Tracie Peterson, Jodi Picoult, Nicholas Sparks.

Our library gets rid of their old audio books, and other books by selling them for 50 cents. Needless to say, I have an awful lot of audio books. When I am through with some of them (those I do not want to keep), I give them to a blind friend of mine and when she is done she passes them on to the Lions Club or nursing homes, etc. So they are easy for people to listen to who can't read anymore.

All that I have listed above is in cd form from the library. So I figure if they are in cd they are also in regular reading books. I also have books on tape that the library gets rid of just to make room for cds and of course they have the download program too. My computer has the capabilities, but I don't have an ipod or whatever they are, so I am happy with what I can work with. I have enough books now to last me for the rest of my life, but still when an author I like comes out with a new book, I have to get it to keep up with the rest of her stories.

Happy quilting and "reading"! Edie

That is all -