View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 05:51 AM
Lori L

Originally Posted by Rural City Girl
Originally Posted by bearisgray
Originally Posted by Lori L
Originally Posted by bearisgray
I wish people would say "less expensive" instead of "cheaper"

One can still find nice/decent/good fabrics at comparatively "reasonable" prices if one knows what one is looking for and where to look.

"cheaper", to me, implies inferior quality.
I'm sorry..... I was trying to say "less money" by using the word cheaper. You're right......there are better words to use which don't sound sooo.......cheap?????
No criticism intended to any of the posts -

It's just when I was growing up, if anything/anyone was referred to as "cheap" - it was not meant as a compliment - old conditioning/associations are hard for me to outgrow.

So - if I've offended anyone, please accept my apologies.
Absolutely no offense taken!!!! I can understand why you feel that way. This is what I like about this board (for the majority of the time) we can voice our differing opinions, and agree to disagree without hard feelings, or feeling offended. :)
There was not a thing wrong with your request for us to use a different adjective beside "cheap". LOL. There are thousands of words out there which can get the point across. My grandmother, who was raised during the Depression use to say "I'm thrifty." She had the same roll of tinfoil for as long as I remember and just wiped it off, folded it up and put it in the drawer like it was reuseable. Same with baggies. I still have some of her freezer baggies marked "Fiddleheads 1962". I won't let anyone throw them away. They're my heirlooms, haha. Anyway.....don't be concerned with your request/post. There was absolutely no offense taken. Take care, Lori