View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 06:07 PM
tlrnhi

I try!
Well, I've been sewing since I was about 10.
I did some sort of quilting thru out the years, but then got away from sewing. When my youngest was born, I started making her clothes. Once she started deciding what she wanted to wear, it was hard for me to buy what she wanted. She was one of those little girls that HAD to wear dresses. Not just ANY dress, it had to be the long ones. So, I found a pattern and made them for her. Once she outgrew those and didn't want dresses anymore, I didn't do much sewing except for a Christening Gown for my Godson. That was back in 96
Managed to NOT sew until about 2002. I did make curtains here and there, but that was about it.
Then one day, my neighbor came over and noticed I had a machine. She asked me if I did any sewing and explained everything to here, about sewing, not sewing, etc. She asked me if I would like to help her make a quilt. Explained that I hadn't done any sort of "formal" quilting and she said she didn't mind and all of a sudden....a quilter was born! lol
My neighbor friend already had a couple quilts she had made....bear paw, grandmothers flower garden and one or 2 others. I admired them, but would never attempt them. The ones I did, way back when, were just scrap quilts made with squares. She was the one that got me into patterns and such. Then, of course, we started searching the internet. lol