View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 09:23 AM
nursie76

After showing DH how some of you have your machines in cabinets that make the machine level with the surface of the cabinet and explaining to him how it would make quilting so much easier, the sweet man got a lift mechanism from Rockler and modified my existing cabinet. It works soooo nicely and puts my arms and body at just the right angle when sewing. THEN, he got a table for behind my machine and made a little extension shelf for in front of the machine to help support the weight of the quilt. When I pull my machine out to put the table behind it, my cabinet butts right up against a wall shelf he installed earlier. So, with the table behind, the shelf beside and the little extension in front the quilt is totally supported all around. I am so thrilled with this set up! When I quilted the first quilt using this arrangement, I couldn't believe how much easier and more enjoyable it was! I think I will keep DH around! (Did I mention I call him my "enabler" because he always encourages me in all my quilting endeavors and shopping expeditions?) Gotta love the man! :D

Sorry for the disarray, but didn't remember to take pics until the creative processes had started.

Normal piecing set up with machine level with cabinet surface
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82656[/ATTACH]

Things rearranged for quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82657[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-82651.jpe   attachment-82652.jpe