View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 09:47 AM
burnsk

Originally Posted by Judy in Waco
Originally Posted by burnsk
Judy, Your quilt looks great. Aren't these fun and fast? I really like the colors and those kitties are so cute peeking out.

I have one in batiks I just did from a JR that WalMart had marked down when they closed the fabric department. Some of my fabrics "touch" more than I like in this one but that's OK. I found a beautiful batik for the back (on sale, of course). I've done 4 so far and I think that 3 of them are going to be given to the assault crises center. My sister loved the 4th one so it's going to be hers.
Thank you. :) I think that's wonderful that you have some designated for charity. I'm thinking about making one for the wounded veterans project. My hope is that I can find enough patriotic or red, white, and blue fabric on sale after the 4th and maybe make my own.
That's a great idea. You've given me an idea - I'm going to cut any left over R/W/B fabric into 2 1/5" strips and save them up until I get 40 and make one too. I'm thinking that they should be maybe 20 inches or longer? What do you think? That would give a good variety so that the strips don't 'touch' as much. Send me a PM and I'd be happy to share strips but I won't get to this until mid August.