View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 10:10 AM
SherriB

DH and I went to some yard sale yesterday morning when I got off work. We stopped at one and they had a sewing machine without a price. I looked inside and saw it was an older Singer. I asked the lady if it was for sale and she said it was. She told me it didn't work and she would take $10 for it and the stool. My heart did a flip-flop when I saw it was a Singer 500A!!! DH bought it for me and we took it home.

I had to work last night and didn't get to try it out, other than turning it on. The light turned on and the motor purred and the needle moved freely. I got it out this afternoon and tried it out. All it needed to make it work was the tension adjusted!!!! I am so thrilled!!!

While I was there, the lady asked me where I worked and I told her. The sewing machine was her Mother's and she had been a patient in the hospital where I work. I remembered her and her husband when she told me. She said her Mom loved to sew and made many a prom dresses with that sewing machine. It is nice to know the history behind a sewing machine.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-82663.jpe   attachment-82664.jpe   attachment-82665.jpe   attachment-82668.jpe   attachment-82669.jpe  

attachment-82670.jpe