Old 07-04-2010, 01:10 PM
MillieH

You know I spent money!!! But I found some great bargains and saved over $10 on shipping with the special number I got for signing in. My nearest Hancock's (or any fabric shop) is 30+ miles away, so I do a lot of shopping on line for fabric. Often my order arrives before I'd get a chance to run "into town" to shop anyway. My only disappointment is that among all the fabrics for NFL teams, they had nothing for our Saints!!! What's wrong with these people? Don't they know who the current NFL champs are??? Maybe the "Who dat?" scared them off.

For those who have never understood what the "Who dat" is all about, our Cajun natives have trouble with the "th" diphthong sound--and substitute a "d" for it. They also have a tendency to leave "s's" off words. Whatever. "Who dat" is catchier than "Who's that." Of course, being a retired college/high school English teacher, I still cringe when I use it. When I was teaching, I would introduce the demonstrative pronouns (this, that, these, those) lesson by labeling them the Cajun pronouns and pronouncing them "dis, dat, dese, and dose." The kids understood, laughed, and learned that lesson quickly.