View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 08:17 PM
candi

A few weeks back,my husband asked me if I was going to make him a patriotic quilt, his birthday is today (July the Fourth and he loves sharing it with our country). I was thrilled that someone asked to make a quilt for them, you see, I am a beginner and don't even know what I am doing half the time, so for someone to find my work desirable is a huge confidence booster, even though it is from my very supportive and appreciative husband, I'll take it :mrgreen:
Any who, I asked him if he had a particular style or pattern in mind, and he told me he was going to draw what he'd like the quilt to look like. Oh my, at that point I am regretting asking him for input on the quilt but I ran with it. And so he drew a picture for me, I took it and played around with it for many hours, used EQ5 to help me put it together and came up with his quilt pictured below. He loves it and I am thrilled about it, not because I think the workmanship was perfect or anything, but because it is all mine again, we designed it, we picked out the fabrics together (Connecting threads), I cut, pieced and quilted it. I even attempted mitering the inner borders for the first time and also used self binding on the quilt for the first time, I think it turned out decent and I managed to give it to him on his birthday. :P . I am so happy about this one, and so is hubby.

Spirit of Independence
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82430[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-82425.jpe   attachment-82426.jpe