Old 07-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
Lacelady - they look great quilted! I've often wondered about piecing blocks before you put them all together. Is it "tricky"?
Pat your group of blocks are beautiful! Love your fabric choices. What an accomplishment! I have much catching up to do! Hugs
I didn't find it too bad Sheree - I am a great one for hand sewing in the evenings in front of the TV, so that's what I did. You can see my pics of the first stages here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-28063-214.htm
I began quilting the blocks when I had done most of the applique ones done, and on a good evening, I was getting 5 or 6 done, so it went quite quickly. What I found strange is that with our schedule as it has been done, I was nearly at the end before I could get one row stitched together. It didn't seem to matter whether the rows were horizontal or vertical, there was always the odd block that still needed to be done.

I waited, or made the extra blocks to get my rows done vertically, as I prefer vertical sashing to join things together. It's a small thing, and I don't think it made a whole lot of difference in the end, because I used cornerstones. It's just that's the way I have always done it when I am not using cornerstones.