View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 06:05 AM
cminor

I got a gift card from my MIL for my birthday last month. I finally went to Joanns on Saturday and was totally drawn to 2 certain fabrics.

I came home excited wanting to maybe make something that I could give her. This would be my first gift. I wanted to use both fabrics together and spent most of Saturday trying to figure out how to do that.

I finally decided on a pattern and loved it since I would be able to strip piece it and it would go together quickly.

As you can see below, these fabrics don't really seem to work together. For as much time as I have spent on this board you would think I would have noticed the scale would not work. Not to mention, the color is so spicific I had a hard time trying to find another fabric to go with it. Everything was too blue - or two yellow. . .

My issue is this set of 4 blocks went together better than any other block I have made. Maybe becuase I actually washed the fabric first instead of skipping that step, or maybe I really am getting better at measuring and cutting (finally!). So now I am dissapointed that I almost know this will not work.

The block in the picture was not even trimmed. I can't belive how well it turned out. Well, except for the fabric I used! :)

Close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82335[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-82329.jpe   attachment-82330.jpe