View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 06:46 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by kim_s
Originally Posted by Bev
Can somebody tell me just HOW simple this purse might be? I have tried making purses and totes, but since I am a total klutz when it comes to sewing them, I've never been real successful with any but the simplest of totes which not everybody wants.
This purse is so good looking that I'm tempted, but I'd hate to waste the $9.00 and fabric only to find it's beyond me. Is there a tutorial? :oops:
Bev, I just made my very first handbag from a Lazy Girls pattern (the Miranda Bag). I actually made the entire handbag without too much difficulty. The LG patterns include a step-by-step diagram so it made following a LOT easier. I clearly understood everything I had to do. So, thinking I would now be able to follow any purse-type pattern I bought the Bow Tuck, looked it over, and it seemed a little confusing. I will look over it again and take more time reading it -- but you may want to seriously consider trying a LG purse pattern for the first one just because of the step-by-step approach. Of course you may also get the BT pattern and realize it is a piece of cake for you! Good luck!
Thanks so much. I'll try one. I appreciate the heads up!
Please DO let me know how the Bow-Tuck turns out if you make it.

8-)