View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 10:40 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

so, over the weekend there was a sale at a quilt shop i very seldom manage to visit (good thing too) it is almost 100 miles away. i love their selection and it seems like it could be a pretty good place; problem is...
i am starting to feel as if they (make mistakes) on purpose...bad as that sounds; this was my 3rd visit to this store...the first visit i purchase some sale items and did not receive the advertised discount on the items, did not notice until i got home...was only cents...i let it go...second visit i asked for a 1/2 yard cut of a fabric and when i got home i only had a fat quarter...i called the shop, they apologized but could not fix it...
now to the third (and last) visit...
this time we were on the motorcycle on our way to the airshow, hubby was nice enough to give me 1/2 an hour to shop at this shop i only go by a couple times a year. i found 2 sale fabrics that were needed and while they were being cut i looked around at the non-sale stuff. so i bought 1yard each of the 2 sale fabrics, found a 60 degree ruler i needed and then picked out a new wilderness panal with 2 coordinates...asked for 1 panal, 1 yard of one of the coordinates and 2 yards of the second one (for borders) i thought i did pretty good...5 yards of fabric (2 on sale for 30%off) and a ruler...the bill was $75.65!...i went out the door thinking...boy, so i didn't do so well after all...good thing i stopped looking...
so we don't get home till late and it is the next day when i get a chance to get my bag out and look at everything...including the receipt...i was charged for the 2 sale fab's ...ok,. the ruler...ok; the panal...ok, then there are 3 other fabrics (at 10.49 per yard) i only had 2...so i was charged $10.49 for something i did not get; then i actually unfold the fabrics and the one that was for borders, which i asked for 2yards of and was charged for 2 yards...is only 1 yard...so now i'm out $20.98 + tax...and i'm pretty upset...
i normally do not pay 10.49 a yard for any fabric, but really wanted it...i paid $41.56 +tax for 2 yards of fabric!!!and am short and can not even use what i have without buying more...
and yes...i contacted the store...first person...very defensive and rude...and how do they know i was shorted?...well i guess because i wouldn't be making a long distance call to tell you about it if i weren't...i'd be happy....
the owner was not available when i called...i am still waiting to hear from her...and i really do not expect her to do anything (especially if she's anything like the person working for her) but at least an apology and assurance that maybe my business is valued? or they could cut me my 2 yard piece and send it to me...i'd even be willing to send back the one yard piece i did not ask for... anyway...had to vent, i am so very upset...