Old 07-06-2010, 04:25 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

it was an eventful 4th of July weekend! i was so consumed with dealing with my bad experience at the lqs that i almost forgot to tell you i met (THE CHIEF OF QUILT POLICE! :shock: ) and we all thought there weren't any...
we were at the air show to see the Blue Angels...we went on the motorcycle so could not take chairs...i have this (old) quilt...well it's not even a real quilt anymore...i made it about 6-7 years ago...it didn't go so well so after it being wadded up in the bottom of a closet for a couple years i got it out one day and started cutting it up...made a couple runners, placemats...there is about a 72" square left whole...it's summery, dark blue backing on it...unbound...raggy edges...i figured this would be perfect to put in the saddle bags...fit fine. so, we are at the airshow... standing up (ok so i was standing on the 'quilt' taking pictures...this woman walks up to me...forcefully grabs my arm, yanking me off my quilt and got right in my face actually yelling at me!!! she let me know such behavior was not acceptable...that the person who put all the time and money into that quilt (remember me?)would be hard-pressed to not take it away from me, how ashamed i should be...
at first i thought my hubby was going to hit her :shock:
then he started to listen and realized what was happening and just sat down on the quilt and let me deal with her...i let her rant and get it out of her system...when she was finished i asked her if she felt better? did it make your holiday weekend to be able to assault a perfect stranger? and i asked her just how a person becomes a quilt police chief...then i proceed to tell her...i made the quilt, was pretty sure it was ok to use it anyway i saw fit, after all it is mine. that i make quilts to be used and am quite thrilled when i see the granddaughter's at the park i am quite thrilled to see they have their quilts in tow...i know how much they love them because they take them everywhere they go.
i also told her we hear and read all the time there are no quilt police...was she just self elected to the post? and i just had to add how i really feel sorry for anyone she ever gives a quilt to...i hope she lets them know upon receipt that it had better be put in a safe deposit box and never touched...or else...
she stomped off in quite a huff...my dh...was cracking up