View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Debra Mc

Originally Posted by nursie76
I am currently making one of those tote bags. Isn't that a coincidence? My pattern is called The Tote & Go an comes in 2 sizes. It is available here: http://store.cottage-quilts.com/stor...3&Item_ID=8548

I got some blue mesh at a quilt store in Exton, PA called the Quilt Block. My youngest DD decided she wanted one also to take back to NZ. So I wanted more pet screen. I tried everywhere, but while the quilt shop in Exton had 5 colors, no LQS around had it. I called the lady in Exton and she said although, she doesn't normally ship, she would consider doing so if I couldn't find it anywhere. She did tell me that she had heard you could get Pet Screen, or nylon screen for repairing screens at hardware stores. I went to a local hardware store and found it in black, identical to the weight that I got at the LQS, And it was wider and cheaper. They only had it in black, but that is what my daughter wanted anyway. This store didn't call it pet screen, just nylon window screen replacement screen.

Hope this helps.
Coke will clean the crud off the battery post on your car. Funny you posted about the window screen. I found this pattern the other day for the beach bag & my 1st thought was I bet that roll of screen I have would work great.