Old 07-06-2010, 08:21 AM
jljack

I was carrying around a very small, plain hexagon baby quilt all hand sewn that I pulled out of a pile of old linens. A woman working the sale said, "Oh, I'm so glad you are taking that. The woman here says it was her baby blanket, but she wants to sell it." I said I love old quilts. After a little more looking around, the woman who apparently was the baby this quilt was made for approached me. She said "I've been agonizing over this quilt, and decided I want to keep it." I told her, No problem, because it obviously has sentimental value to her, and everyone can make a bad decision when under stress. Then she said "...unless you want to pay $25 for it". I handed it to her and said "NO THANKS".

Can you believe the nerve??? I was stunned!!! As I paid for the other things I had pulled out, I saw her drape it over the back of a chair that was sitting there. She was obviously going to offer it for sale again. Some people!!!! Well, maybe she was under a lot of stress because of her mother's death. Anyway, I was just shocked by her behavior.