View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Iqwilt

The quilters' comments so far make we wonder if you are in a quilt group or a quilt guild. That's a great way to meet quilting friends who would love to sew with you. But I find the best way for me to sew with others is my guild's mini-retreats. We meet at a church every other month and each pay $10 per day to cover the cost of renting the church. We quilt starting Thursday night and end Saturday night. We go home to sleep. Some of us bring food to share and others go out to eat. We have lots of tables and space, and the fellowship is great. I get more done there than anyplace else. I also do a 4-day mini-retreat in a fire station community room once a year. I charge $5 per day per person to donate to the station. Same deal with food and sleeping. Quilters come for all or part of these mini-retreats, depending on their free time. You set your machine up on Day 1 and leave it up until you end your retreat. Attend for as much or as little time as you choose. My sister-in-law even comes down from Massachusetts for the 4-day retreats. Have fun, everyone! It's addictive!